Chances are many of your customers will soon be asking for features included in the Lifelong Housing Certification. Small modifications to your new homes and retrofits can make a big difference.
Key factors when considering the Lifelong Housing Certification:
- Won’t add-on significantly to building costs. Review the checklist here.
- Won’t require code changes or additional inspections.
- Can possibly add value to the home.
- Will likely make your homes sell faster.
- Will help separate you from the competition with a new service offering.
- Are likely things you’re doing already, or can do with slight modifications.
- Will be a trend that will stand the test of time and likely something your customers will start asking for.
- Most southern Oregon residents 50+ wish to remain at their home or in their community as they age. This will require housing and/or modifications to existing housing.
Ready for more?
- Take a tour of a Universal Design home.
- Find out what features are included in the certification.
- Check out the Clark County Design idea book for specific implementation details.
- Read to start the certification process? Click here for the next steps and the LLH Checklist.