Resources & Policy
Publications & Articles
AARP Home Fit Guide
The AARP HomeFit Guide was created to help people stay in the homes they love by turning where they live into a “lifelong home,” suitable for themselves and anyone in their household. The guide offers solutions that range from simple do-it-yourself fixes to improvements that are more involved and require skilled expertise but are well worth the expense.
Modern Ideals, Modern Living; Taking the Next Step in Home Design and Planning for the Lifestyle You Want. The Hartford Center for Mature Market Excellence. This quidebook encourages you to think about the next step in your lifestyle and how to ensure that your home will fit you, and provides information and ideas to help you think through the options and talk with people who are important to you about these decisions.
Simple Solutions: Practical Ideas and Products to Enhance Independent Living The Hartford Center for Mature Market Excellence This quidebook featues more than 200 simple design ideas and household products that can make your home more confortable, convenient and safe.
Clark County Universal Design Idea Book
This 28 page brochure provides information and inspiration for those looking to remodel their existing homes or for those planning on building a new home with the forethought to insure they can live in it as long as they choose.
- Age-Friendly Definitions
- The Demographics of Aging
- Falls Among Older Adults
- Housing and Older Adults
- The 55+ Housing Market Continues to Impress
- More American’s Dying from Falls
- 6 Things You Must Know About Aging in Place
- What to Do with the Empty Nest
- Aging in Place Pros and Cons
- Boomers Near Retirement Change Housing Trends
- Where Do you Plan to get Old?
- 8 Smart Ideas that Actually Help People Age in Place
- Aging in Place in a Lifelong Certified Homes
- Telemedicene Making More Sense for Doctors and Patients
- Tips for Elderly Visitor Safety
- Understanding Universal Design
- 9 Surprising Things We’ve Learn about Aging
- Senior Playgrounds & Universal Design
- Iowa State researchers urge rural states to prepare for aging
- Age Friendly Living – A Community Blog
- Aging in Place Means Healthier, Independent Seniors
- Baths Updated with Eye for Future
- Aging in Place – An Intergenerational Priority
- Everything You Thought About Aging May Be Wrong